As a member you can apply for travel grants to the following meetings:
- Biannual Europhysiology & SPS meeting. The amount and rules will be announced prior to the meetings.
- Smaller meetings arranged by one of the SIGs, and any smaller physiological meeting or symposium in one of the Nordic countries: Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland or Iceland. These grants will be a maximum of 1 000 SEK per person and event. It is only possible to get one grant per year in addition to the SPS Annual Meeting. Send in your application six weeks before the meeting at the latest. Please state what you want to be reimbursed for and approximately how much it will cost. As for the rest, see the rules about how to apply below.
How to apply
Travel grants will be available for meetings initiated by SPS, FEPS, and IUPS, for SPS members who have an active role at the specific meeting (presenter of poster or oral presentation and other related activities), but not invited to a symposium. Applications from young researchers will have priority. The amounts will be different for different meetings, and we cannot guarantee that everybody will receive a travel grant. Please read the following regarding how to apply:
1. Your travel grant should be received by SPS prior to the meeting. You can apply by ordinary mail or by email, but we need your signature. The final deadline will be announced at www.scandphys.org under the specific meeting, and in our monthly newsletter.
2. The executive board will after the deadline receive a list of the received applications for approval. The executive board will function as grant committee.
3. You will shortly after this get a letter from us with the outcome.
4. The general guidelines for the reimbursement are found here. If your application is successful you need to send original receipts corresponding to the granted amount after returning from the meeting. We will then make a transfer to your bank. The deadline for submission of receipts is one month after the meeting has taken place. Please fill out the reimbursement form and send it to us together with the original receipts. You can download the reimbursement form (word) below.
5. It is important that you provide the correct information regarding your bank account. If your bank is not located in Sweden we will need both your SWIFT and IBAN number to be able to make the transfer.
You can download the application form for travel grants below, if you have any questions on how to apply, please contact us.
Please send the application form by mail or email (remember that it must be signed) to:
The Scandinavian Physiological Society
c/0 Einar Eftestøl
Download the forms